The client wanted to create game concepts and games for their publishers that can be immediately released. They didn’t have the time or resources to do this on their own. They needed a partner who could take care of everything from the design phase to the development phase and make the ready to release games for AppStore.
Macrobian Games had to create more than 10 gaming concepts and develop them within a year’s time, completely bug free and release ready.
Approach to Solution
Macrobian Games created a team of in-house game developers, designers, artists and game enthusiasts who were responsible for creating and developing the games.
Macrobian’s goal was to create a game that would appeal to the Play Games Network’s audience, while also meeting all of their specifications. They began by conducting research on what types of games the publisher liked most (these were often popular titles at the time), then decided which types of new ideas would be most likely to appeal to them.
– The team worked closely with the client to understand their needs and requirements. They used Skype for daily conversations and quick brainstorming sessions to discuss ideas, concepts and direction of the game.
– Once they had a good understanding of what was needed, they started brainstorming ideas and concepts that would suit the market trends.
They worked with the client on all aspects of the development including:
– Designing the game concept and gameplay flow.
– Creating storyboard sketches to help visualize how each level would look like.
– Producing assets including characters, props, animations and visual effects.
– Implementing game mechanics such as user interaction with in-game objects or NPCs (non-playable characters).
– Checked rgularly for any bugs and crashes
They created an agile development environment where everyone was able to deliver features at any time. This helped in reducing overall development time by 50 percent.
Macrobian Games created more than 10 gaming concepts and developed them within a year’s time, completely bug free and release ready.
Impact on Business
The publisher of the client selected the best conceptual game with highest KPIs and released it to be actively played by thousands of gamers across the globe.